Monday, April 11, 2011

Another Day, Another Flat

Once again my attempt to ride the velomobile into campus was foiled by a flat tire. This time I made it a couple of miles before things went south, but it was still faster to change out the tube and ride it back to home base than to get it to BU.

At least I am getting better at changing the tubes out. And at least the bike shop guy reassured me that even a tube that doesn't seem like a perfect fit will probably work well enough to get you where you need to be. Now, if only I did have a stockpile of tubes that were perfect fits.

Still, I wonder what I've done so wrong. I've never had so many flat tire problems before. One of these days, those tires will hold up well enough for me to get the whole thing down to the bike shop and get some advice. Times like these always make my father's absence that much worse. I need a bike guru buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment